By: Carl Messina
Have you ever wondered why some people get up in the morning with a song in there voice and a skip in there step. You know the people I’m talking about, always looking for the good in others and believing there’s a Silver lining in every cloud! How can these people be so darn positive all the time, look the sky’s falling, no it’s a shooting star? Doesn’t that just beat all!
Ed Foreman owns a company out of Waco Texas called Executive Development Systems. Ed believes you can have a good day in successful daily living one day at a time. It’s how you feel about yourself that will direct your attitude on a daily basis. If you can have one good day and multiply it by seven, what do you have, that’s right a good week. Let’s multiply that good week by fifty two, now what do you have, a good year. So let’s see what Ed’s eight-step daily menu for life actually consists of:
1. Wake up an hour early every day: Do you realize you will have gained nine 40-hour workweeks per year by waking up one-hour early everyday for a year. Do that for six years and you have just gained an extra year of 40-hour workweeks.
2. Upon Wakening / read or listen to something positive: It’s a known fact that your alpha state of receptivity is at it’s peak as soon as you awaken, so what you hear or read will influence your thought process for the day.
3. Go for a walk / and be Thankful: Walking will increase the blood flow to the brain and being thankful for what you have on a daily basis will help put the true challenges of the day in perspective.
4. Daily Stretching: Limbers up the body and increases blood flow to all the limbs.
5. Eat Breakfast: It’s a know fact that people who eat Breakfast are less likely to gain weight. Ed says you should eat Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Supper like a pauper.
6. Leisurely drive to work: Don’t participate in the Mario Andretti race to work, take an easy leisurely drive and do not allow other drivers to influence your day by setting you off in the wrong direction.
7. Mind Control Relaxation: For 15 minutes a day do a Mind Control Relaxation technique where you sit and meditate by controlling your breathing pattern. They say this can equate to taking a two hour nap in the middle of the day.
8. I’m Terrific: Any time someone asks you how you are, respond with a vibrant I’m Terrific. If you do this all the time, especially during stressful situations, you will soon begin to reduce stress from outside influences of your life, which you may not have any control over. Thus, you’re controlling the situation as opposed to letting the situation control you.
These are Ed Foreman’s eight steps to having a better day, week, year and ultimately life. Always remember that worrying is nothing more than negative goal setting or the misuses of you’re imagination. With that thought in mind have a wonderful and TERRIFIC day everyday!!