We bring expertise, knowledge, contacts and a track record of success to all of our clients and projects.
JOHN BIRCH III
FOUNDER & PRESIDENT
With more than 25 years of professional services experience, John founded The Birch Group in 1997. His corporate management experience includes strategic planning and project management, human resources, expense management, operational services, financial reporting, and sales. He has consistently maintained and grown his skills through continuing education in order to offer superior products and services to all of his clients. Additional training areas include: management and organizational effectiveness and behavior, corporate coaching, strategic/project planning, team building, total quality management, and group facilitation. John understands the urgency of developing a highly skilled, motivated and inspired workforce to meet the competitive and financial pressures of today’s changing global economy. The measure of our effectiveness is evident in the number of repeat customers who use John’s expertise to address a variety of organizational issues.
John is a Certified Professional Behaviors Analyst (CPBA), Certified Professional Motivators Analyst (CPMA), TriMetrix® certified, and a Certified Professional Emotional Quotient Analyst (CPEQA). These certifications, awarded by TTI Success Insights on behalf of Target Training International, Ltd., recognize training, education, and practical application of the history of behavioral models, including the DISC model, and behavioral knowledge based on validated, research-based instruments. They also recognize knowledge of the history of motivators as developed by Eduard Spranger and TTI and the six hierarchies of human motivation and how they relate to communicating in the workplace and beyond. As a CPEQA, John is certified to teach the five dimensions of emotional intelligence, including emotional enablers and disablers as well as to interpret emotional quotient in people and analyze and integrate the combination of Behaviors and Motivators with Emotional Intelligence.
- Member of Coach University and the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches
- Executive Director, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technologies (MET^2) & Engineering Technology Challenge (ETC) Programs - National Science Foundation (NSF) /Advanced Technological Education (ATE) grants
- Laureate Citation, Epsilon Pi Tau - Excellence in work promoting preparation and practice in the technologies (2015)
- Board of Directors for Hartford High School's Academy of Engineering and Green Technologies
- Board of Directors for Generating Winners, LLC.
- Innovative Program Award, High Impact - Technology Exchange Conference (HI-TEC) - For dedicated work in connecting students with advanced technology education (2012)
- Appreciation Award, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) Connecticut - For support and dedication to their mission, "SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development."
- Member of the White House College Opportunity Task Force
- Member of the National Association for Workforce Improvement (NAWI)
- Nation of Makers - Board of Directors
- Collaborating Achievement Project to Impact the Value of Architecture & Engineering Technology Education (CAPTIVE) - Advisory Board
John's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnbirch
Director of Sales
Carl Messina is regarded as one of America’s leading experts in the field of Mnemonics, the science of memory. He has shared with thousands of business professionals from all walks of life the techniques for developing an instant recall memory with results that can only be described as amazing!
He has worked with such well-known speakers as Zig Ziglar, Ed Forman, Vic Conant and Brian Tracy. He has trained executives from corporations including Xerox, 3-M, Texas Instruments, Aetna, Travelers and many more fortune 100 companies. Carl has also had a tremendous impact in educational settings, having personally trained students and teachers at all academic levels.
Carl’s insight has expanded our belief in understanding that life begins with Goals. Success leaves clues…today his main focus is helping others understand that we all have the power to change using a cloud-based system of accountability called POSITIVE IMPACT LIFE. Yet, it’s not the power that drives the change it’s the accountability of knowing where you are, what you want, defining your end result, breaking it down into critical steps of accomplishment and monitoring yourself based on personal or mentored accomplishments.
Tom Lorenzetti Jr.
Director of Technical Training, Quality & ISO, and Process Improvement
Tom is an experienced Training & Development Manager/Trainer/Facilitator with extensive experience in manufacturing. He is proficient in assisting companies in determining their training and process improvement needs. Tom guides and directs all efforts to provide customized technical training and improvement initiatives, to our clients throughout the state of CT. Through the use of specialized instructors, custom curriculum and very competitive pricing, Tom is able to get things moving in the right direction quickly. His awareness of state funding is an asset to companies and he is willing to assist in many ways to obtain it whenever possible.
- Trained and Certified Baldrige Senior Examiner
- Graduate of the Crosby Quality College
- Extensive experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Total Quality Management (TQM)
- 2005 American Society for Quality (ASQ) Hartford Section Quality Professional of the Year
- 2010 Central CT Chamber of Commerce Recognition - Workforce Development
Director of operations
Ryan is a Certified Professional Behaviors Analyst (CPBA) as well as the Director of Operations at the Birch Group and Positive Impact Life, focusing on day to day operations and assisting with managing and growing the organization. A graduate of Central Connecticut State University, he holds a Bachelors of Science in Business Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. During his time at CCSU, Ryan actively competed in many business plan competitions including winning Best Presentation at the 2013 Connecticut Business Plan Competition. Ryan plans on developing the sports market segment.