We believe the “right people in the right positions” are the most important resource any organization can have.
OUR AIM — PROVIDE SUPERIOR & CUSTOMIZED ORGANIZATIONAL TALENT DEVELOPMENT
About The Birch Group
Based in Farmington, Connecticut, we are a national full service organizational talent-optimization consulting company. We offer a full suite of customizable products and services, ranging from professional to technical skills development. Our offerings are not only innovative but universally recognized and proven effective in all sectors, industries and scale organizations.
A Short History
The Birch Group, LLC was founded by John Birch III in 1997 as a consulting organization specializing in strategic and project planning. Over time, our clients looked to The Birch Group for expanded services, training, and tools, and so our scope broadened to include organizational effectiveness and talent/leadership development, as well as corporate training programs. Our business success coaching has allowed many people to reach goals that they never thought possible. To facilitate the learning process we developed a strategic partnership with Target Training International - Success Insights, a world leader in developing assessments tools, and Vital Learning, a national leader in leadership development programs. This work lead us to continue to increase our offerings by adding job benchmarking, talent selection, and employee retention to our mix. Today we are committed to continual improvement and growth for our clients, with the recent addition of Emotional Quotient (EQ), Stress Quotient (SQ) and Goal Genesis, our online mindset cloud solution.
Commitment to Education
The Birch Group is committed to bettering our greater community and providing Connecticut companies with an educated and well-trained workforce through our work with Connecticut universities, community colleges, and high schools. The overarching goal of this work is to help underrepresented and underserved populations in overcoming barriers by attracting these innovative and creative students to pursue studies and careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), areas critical to the future economic wellbeing of Connecticut, our nation and the greater global community.
We have developed multiple nationally recognized educational programs, funded by: National Science Foundation (NSF) Advanced Technological Education (ATE) grants, and the College of Technology-Regional Center for Next Generation Manufacturing (COT-RCNGM), a NSF ATE center of excellence.
- Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering Technologies (MET^2) for Community College and University Students - (2014-Current)
- Engineering Challenge for the 21st Century - Summer Teachers’ Dissemination Workshop (EC21-STDW) - (2009-Current)
- Life Support & Sustainable Living (LSSL) - (2007-2014)
- Engineering Technology Challenge (ETC) for High School Students - (2003-Current)
Awards & Honors
- White House College Opportunity Summit - John was invited by President and Mrs. Obama to the White House Summit focusing on building sustainable collaborations in communities to dramatically improve persistence and increase college completion, especially for first generation, low-income, and underrepresented students (2014)
- Innovative Program Award, High Impact - Technology Exchange Conference (HI-TEC) - For dedicated work in connecting students with advanced technology education (2012)
- Laureate Citation awarded by Epsilon Pi Tau by the Board of Directors for the International Honors Society for Professions in Technology (2015)